[Sis-csi] 2:30 Eastern it is

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Jan 25 17:00:33 EST 2007

I think this is correct.  One step is to ask the question: how fast do
we think we could forward packets in space?  The answer depends on the
hardware/software available, which will probably be (for the near
future) VxWorks or some variant.  I suspect that the whole matter is
moot if we assume that the packet forwarding isn't sharing resources
with the C&DH, as even relatively weak machines can probably outstrip
current uplink rates (of TDRSS' 25Mbps, e.g.) by a factor of 2;
moderate or powerful machines (in a flight-qualifiable context) by
factors of 2-4.

		--keith