[Sis-csi] 2:30 Eastern it is

Dave Israel dave.israel at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 25 16:17:07 EST 2007

The TDRSS channel is capable of providing a 25 Mbps forward link.  I think
current hardware limitations at the ground station keep the current usage
lower.  The C3I spec currently specifies a 25 Mbps maximum forward link.

If Will is asking "What is 'uplink'?" because the term doesn't make as much
sense when you have space-to-space crosslinks, the short answer is that
space-to-space crosslinks are not in Phase 1.  One of the end points of any
space link is on Earth and the uplink or forward link is the data path from
the Earth to the user.

Also, I should have mentioned that the CANDOS picture I sent out is
probably not the final version.  It shows all the basics, but I'm sure
there's some subtle things that aren't captured exactly right yet.

Dave