[Sis-csi] RE: networking details

Assi Friedman afriedman at innoflight.com
Thu Feb 8 14:53:39 EST 2007

Absolutely so! In order to provide natural migration and progression, we
should use the last mile approach. Rather than establish the whole thing at
once (never happens) we should keep on pushing IP further and further down
the last mile (or 600 in our case).
As you said Keith, IP on the ground is common place. IP to space vehicle
isn't and has been done only to a limited extent. On board routing is the
next frontier. But by using the last mile approach, we should try to move IP
from the ground station boundary to the space vehicle boundary. Even if we
don't have on board routing, we gain the advantage of having an IP system
that will be compatible with future - fully routable space platforms.
Also, most modern platforms come with upgradeable IP stacks and protocols
(most RTOSes that is), which is in sharp contrast to the softwired customs
protocols.
Assi

 Assi Friedman - Innoflight Inc.
 5850 Oberlin Dr. Suite 340