[Sis-csi] CCSDS Cislunar Telecon tomorrow, 7 Sept

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Sep 7 11:48:54 EDT 2006

Marc,

Hmmm....  The CCSDS data links are all point-to-point (even prox-1's
'hailing' mode is very point-to-point oriented, and the data transfers
are certainly so).  If there are only two parties on the link, then we
may have achieved both multicast and broadcast in so far as IPv6
requires them for neighbor discovery.  Mapping an IPv6 multicast
address down onto the data link address is an issue, but if the v6
multicast maps to the data link address (spacecraft ID, etc.) of the
other end of the link, that may be OK.

IPv6 must deal with point-to-point links, like serial lines, right?  I
think figuring out how it handles those and inserting some explanatory
text into some document is a good idea.

		--keith