[Sis-csi] Today's Cislunar telecon

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Mar 9 16:06:32 EST 2006

We had the cislunar telecon today.  The nominal plan for finishing off
the architecture document is:

Scott will provide something on Trans-Lunar for the placeholder near
the end of the document.

I think that multicast and QoS are sort of important because they're
1) real different from the way things are done now
2) QoS at least is really important because everybody seems worried
that this new-fangled IP-thing is going to throw all their data away.

There are some placeholders in the conops section for 'Crewed Missions'
that include both QoS and multicast (Mike K?).  Unless someone else has
a burning desire to do so, I'll try my hand at some multicast and QoS
conops and try to expand on at least the QoS portion of the main part
of the document (sectin 4?)

After that I think there's mostly cleanup: we need to tighten up the
security section and references, etc., and the tie-ins to PEPs and DTN
need to be tightened some, but I don't think there are major conceptual
changes.  PLEASE SPEAK UP IF YOU DISAGREE.

I would like to get the telecons going again at 3:30PM EST Thursdays to
wrap this document up and to start talking about what to do for a set
of Red Books.  I could easily see the red books involving some
testing/prototyping, and we need to figure out how that might fit into
everyone's schedules / resource constraints.

        --keith