interface identifier (was: [Sis-csi] No call today)

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Fri Dec 22 13:59:23 EST 2006

Le 06-12-22 à 13:41, Lloyd Wood a écrit :

> At Thursday 21/12/2006 14:18 -0600, Ivancic, William D. \(GRC-RCN0
> \) wrote:
>

>> If one wanted to go throught the trouble, I guess one could specify a
>> standardized
>> mechanism for CCSDS for configuring unique link local IPv6 addressed
>> based on Spacecraft ID of some other space-unique identifier.
>

> What would it take to produce a unique address from GSCID,
> interface identification

a document that describes that.

> and (presumably) an allocated IPv6 space?

you meant address space for the network part? currently, you get it
from your upstream provider or directly from the registries. Of
course, in the process of planning a deployment, address space would
have to be looked up, but I'm not sure that needs to be taken care in
the ccsds "protocol" profile.

Marc.