[Sis-csi] Draft outline for first cislunar red book

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Dec 7 15:06:43 EST 2006

Let's tag up quickly today.  I don't have much of an outline, but I'm
thinking just a straight profile of Internet protocols for the single
orbiting spacecraft scenario something like below.
We could also discuss the SCPS-NP/AH brief if anybody's interested.
3:30 EST
703.983-MEET (6338) -- passcode 55555
    --keith

1.   Background

2.   Scope

Single spacecraft scenario.

3.   Protocol Set

3.1.        Data Link Connectivity

Defined in IP-Over-CCSDS Red Book.  Might want a well-known VCID for IP
traffic?

3.2.        IP Version

v6?

3.3.        IP Mobility Support

I think we need to define how to use all of these -- we don't know a
priori what equipment will be at the ground station(s).

3.3.1.            IP Mobility (Mobile Networks)

3.3.2.            IP-in-IP tunnels from (stable location) to ground
stations

3.3.3.            SLE tunnels from (stable location) to ground stations

3.4.        Quality of Service

Diffserv.  Need to recommend particular DSCPs and PHBs.

3.5.        Security

3.5.1.            IPSec

Do we need to say anything about particular cipher suites?

3.6.        Time Determination

3.7.        Contingency Operations

What's our plan for emergency commanding?