[Sis-csi] Telecon today

Weiss, Howard Howard.Weiss at sparta.com
Thu Apr 20 10:30:03 EDT 2006

Keith,

I'll let Scott Burleigh correct me ("Mr. CFDP"), but the way that I
understand it, CFDP as it is currently implemented is more than a
application implementing the CFDP protocol.  It cast aside the layering
that we have grown to know and love and instead mashed into the
application layer the file transfer protocol with various services,
transport-layer-like reliability services, etc running over your
favorite underlying network/link services (e.g., UDP/IP, CCSDS AOS,
etc). So, while its probably best described in the same vein as Internet
FTP (application layer cruft implementing a file transfer protocol), it
really is much more as it stands today - until such time that the spec
is revisited and layered.

Howie

301-794-9480