[Sis-csi] Section 8 Revisions

James L. Rash James.L.Rash at nasa.gov
Thu Sep 15 14:37:45 EDT 2005

At 12:08 AM -0400 9/15/05, Krupiarz, Christopher wrote:
>Enclosed are revisions to section 8 for review.  My attempt was to take
>Keith's bulleted comments and put them into paragraph form.
>
>Chris

>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:CSI_GB_Draft_0.8-sec8 1.doc
>(WDBN/MSWD) (000BB0CD)

Chris,

I suggest that the title of section 8.1.1.2 should be changed from

      8.1.1.2	CFDP Transmission from Instrument to User

      8.1.1.2	Reliable File Transfer from Instrument to User

This works better because it more clearly indicates in more general
terms what the section is about.   CFDP is not the only alternative
for reliable file transfer when, for example, a return link is
unavailable, and starting in the third sentence, the use of CFDP is
amply specified for the given example anyway.

I would also suggest adding the following sentence in this section:

NORM (NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast) (RFC 3940) can also be
considered as an alternative choice for a reliable file and stream
delivery protocol over IP.

This sentence is appropriate for a Green Book, as it serves to
promote the reader's understanding through additional relevant
information.
--

James L. Rash
Building 23, Room E403