[Sis-csi] IP Header Compression

Howard Weiss howard.weiss at sparta.com
Thu Sep 8 15:51:28 EDT 2005

The PTD authentication appears to be the old ESA authentication standard
which I looked at a while back and concluded that it was very weak - the
authentication word was too short and it was based on a flawed
cryptographic concept (hard knap-sack problem).  From what I understand,
ESA has since deprecated this and it is no longer a standard.  And I
also understand that while it has been implemented in the PTD, none of
the ground systems use it.

Howie

--

Howard Weiss
SPARTA, Inc.

Mike Nichols: "Cheer up, life isn't everything!"