[Sis-csi] Dust impact?

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Oct 27 09:47:39 EDT 2005

Hmm.  Any notion of what such dust would do to a Ka-band or X-band
signal?  If it changed the permittivity of the atmosphere significantly
I guess it could refract or attenuate a signal.  Presumably the effects
of 'free' (didn't want to say airborne) dust on the moon would be
relatively short-lived unless it happened to coat an antenna.  Mars has
dust storms and those pesky dust devils.  ANy pointers to data?

        --keith