[Sis-csi] noting unusual CCSDS security critique

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 5 19:49:55 EDT 2005

Lloyd Wood wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Scott Burleigh wrote:
>

>>That's my reading of the paper too.  The two sentences in which
>>"CFDP"  appears both talk about the performance deficiencies of the
>>implementation (and, in one case, the deficiencies of the
>>implementation of TCP as well).
>>

>The paper does not discuss TCP implementations. The paper discusses
>the design of TCP not being suitable for the scenario.

Yeah, I guess it depends on how you parse the words "This protocol gives
smaller code footprint size and increased performance when compared with
TCP and with an earlier implementation of the CCSDS File Delivery
Protocol (CFDP) written within SSTL."  Since code footprint size and
increased performance are not aspects of protocol design, it seemed
reasonable to me to conclude that what was being discussed in this
sentence was implementations of these protocols.  A small point in any case.

Scott