[Sis-csi] Revised Green Book

Howard Weiss Howard.Weiss at sparta.com
Mon Mar 21 11:16:53 EST 2005

Keith,

A couple of quick comments:

1. What about "uncrewed mars exploration" as another scenario?  Yes, its
happening now, but will it stop in the future or will in continue in
addition to any crewed exploration?  And networking for uncrewed is just
as interesting at Mars as it is at Lunar (or more!).

2. There is a subtle distinction with IP and IPSec that doesn't come
across well.  It section 5.3 it ways that IPSec is optional for IPv4 but
IPv6 "requires support for both IPSec and ....."   This could be
interpeted as meaning that IPSec USAGE is optional for IPv4 and
mandatory for IPv6.  But rather what I know this means is that IPSec
implementation is optional in IPv4 but mandatory in IPv6.  In neither
case is its usage mandatory.

Howie

--
Howard Weiss