[SIS-CFDPV1] CFDP WG Meeting Huntsville 1/4 - (Executive) Summary

Felix Flentge Felix.Flentge at esa.int
Mon May 15 11:32:19 UTC 2023

Dear All,

I would like to provide a brief summary of our WG Meeting last week in Huntsville (and virtually) and start triggering the discussion on a couple of topics we have started discussing. You will receive 4 emails to allow discussing the different threads separately:

  1.  Executive Summary (this email) - Please have a look at the attached slides (the executive summary as it will be presented to CESG)
  2.  Minor updates to CFDP B5 Blue Book for Review
  3.  Proposal for CFDP simplification (ie, removing SFO and making more features optional)
  4.  Proposal for CFDP over EPP, SPP, BP, LTP, TCP and UDP

My plan would be to conclude on these topics before the meeting in Fall (discussion via email and 1-2 intermediate virtual meetings). Please let me know if you would like to contribute to updating the books.

We have also discussed that having an update to the Green Book would be beneficial but we could not find resources. So, if somebody would like to take the lead on that, please let me know.

Regards,
Felix

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain proprietary information and/or protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or dissemination is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies appropriate organisational measures to protect personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int).