[Sis-ams] RE: AMS Green Book

Edell, David J. David.Edell at jhuapl.edu
Tue Sep 29 18:24:54 EDT 2009

All,

I uploaded a new version of the Green Book to the CWE at http://cwe.ccsds.org/sis/docs/SIS-AMS/Draft%20Documents/Green%20Book/Green%20Book%20Draft%202009_09_17A.doc  (FYI: To view past  versions of a document, you can click "history" from the dropdown box).

I cleaned up the in-line images for Chapter 6 (RAMS).  Apparently using "paste special" and selecting JPG or PNG provides a cleaner method of pasting powerpoint or visio documents, particularly within Office 2007.  In this version, the images are still scaled, but the arrows and text are not modified from the original.  As a supplement, I've also added an Appendix at the end containing full-size versions of figures from chapters 5+6 - both chapters use figures that can benefit from a full-page view.   If we decide to use this Appendix, I will clean it up further to ensure the numbering and image sizes are more consistent between each of the figures.

I'll leave it to the group to decide whether to delete the in-line images, omit the Appendix, or include both with a note at the beginning of each chapter referencing the availability of alternative full-sized images in the Appendix for the reader's convenience.

- David