[Sis-ams] AMS Green Book

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Fri Sep 18 14:22:55 EDT 2009

Dear Working Group,

I attempted to clean up the figures in chapter 6 of the AMS Green Book (chapter 6 covers Remote AMS), but ran into problems.   The original figures were moved in-line with the text (which is good) but were reduced in size, and locations of some of the arrows in the figures were changed.  In my opinion, the figures are no longer intuitive (which was the main purpose of using figures).  Anyway, after unsuccessfully trying to clean up the figures, I gave up and talked with Scott Burleigh.  We decided to push for restoring the full-sized figures and putting them in a section dedicated to figures (perhaps an appendix or the beginning of chapter 6 or the end of chapter 6).

(The unsuccessful attempts to clean up the figures are on my local hard drive; the version of the AMS Green Book that is on the CWE retains the non-intuitive figures; the change that Scott and I are suggesting has not yet been made)

Best regards,
Tim