[Sis-ams] scope of interoperability testing

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri May 9 13:18:37 EDT 2008

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> Assuming that the scope of our interoperability testing is still an
> open topic, may I present a possible approach that is similar to what
> was used for CFDP?   (By the way, do we plan to test the Remote AMS
> protocol?)
>

> Test series A1:
>
>     * Basic message exchange (SEND, QUERY, REPLY, and RECEIVE).
>     * Each implementer provides a single AMS node.
>     * Static MIB contents (IP-address and UDP port number for each
>       implementation).
>     * Each implemention initiates a few SENDs and QUERYs with each of
>       the other implementations.
>

> Test series A2:
>
>     * Adds the Meta-AMS protocol to series A1.
>     * (Details TBD)
>

> Test series A3:
>
>     * Adds multi-point message distribution (PUBLISH and ANNOUNCE) to
>       series A2.
>     * (Details TBD)
>

> Test series A4:   (if needed)
>
>     * Tests the Remote AMS protocol.
>     * (Details TBD)

I like the incremental approach, Tim, but this plan would present a
small problem for me: in the absence of Meta-AMS in test series A1 I
would have to develop an additional static-configuration capability for
my implementation, which it otherwise doesn't require and wouldn't use.

But maybe this isn't as much work as I'm imagining it could be; I need
to give this some thought.

Scott