[Sis-ams] Time Tag - CCSDS Time

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 21 18:45:14 EDT 2008

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) wrote:

> Sounds good Pat.
>

> Just out of curiosity, is there some advantage to using the older epoch?

The 1958 epoch is the only one that is documented in the Blue Book for
CCSDS time code formats.  If we want to standardize on some other epoch,
we will either need to do so informally in the interoperability test
plan (which is how I understand Pat's suggestion) or else define it
formally in the AMS spec.  I think we would run into some resistance if
we strayed from what's currently in the spec for this field, since it
took quite a bit of back-and-forth with other CCSDS folks to arrive at
the current text.

Scott