[Sis-ams] AMS Red Book review

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 23 22:08:33 EDT 2007

Hi.  The formal Agency review of the first AMS Red Book concluded about
a month ago, and I have finally gotten Dispositions prepared for all 76
RIDs received during that review.  I have posted the RIDs with
dispositions to the AMS CWE
page(http://cwe.ccsds.org/sis/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsis%2fdocs%2fSIS%2dAMS%2fDraft%20Documents%2fAMS&FolderCTID=&View=%7b390C4ADA%2dA69B%2d4E52%2dA0DA%2d50C48F989C4B%7d).

Several of the RIDs were concerned with the number of messages that are
exchanged during AMS node registration.  To explain why I didn't accept
these RIDs, I've drafted a brief white paper examining in detail the
current node registration procedure and the proposed alternative.  This
white paper ("too many messages.pdf") is also posted to that same CWE page.

Let's discuss these topics over the next few weeks and try to reach
concurrence on as many of the RIDs as possible before the Darmstadt
working group meeting in October.

Scott