[Sis-ams] AMS deliberations

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 24 15:05:54 EST 2005

Hi, sis-ams members.  We all got busy about eight weeks ago and this thread got dropped, but I now have got a little time to revive it in advance of the meetings in Athens.

I'm attaching a list of Requirements that is my attempt to compile the union of the requirement sets I've lifted or inferred from three sources: Roger's email on MOIMS requirements for messaging, the requirements underlying the MTS API design, and the informal requirements we were working toward in the design of the "application framework" for the NASA Constellation C3I architecture.  I've tried to remove overlap, and in some cases I've modified language or even tweaked concepts a little to make things align a bit better.

I would propose that we look at these requirements, adjust as necessary (maybe adding a "tentative" category for requirements that we can't reach agreement on in the next couple of weeks), come to a rough consensus, and see if we have some level of confidence that the concept proposed for AMS has a reasonable chance of meeting the requirements.

In order to advance the AMS BOF to a working group next month I believe I need to present the Area Manager with a Proposal, a draft Charter and Resource Plan, and a Concept Paper.  I think I'm pretty close to having all of those things in hand already; in fact, the original schedule had me distributing drafts of all of them to this list by last Monday, so as usual I am running late.  But if we can come to rough consensus on these Requirements -- and I am going to take silence as assent, which should simplify matters wonderfully -- then I think we are in good shape to move forward in April.

Scott