[Sea-sa] A question for DAI WG, re SEA RASIM GB

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Oct 23 11:03:46 UTC 2022

Dear David and DAI WG,

A while back we had some sort of exchange about the status of the SEA Reference Architecture for Space Information Management (RASIM) Green Book (attached here for reference).  As I recall you wanted it to be updated, or at least reconfirmed, so that you could safely reference it for DAI WG purposes.  I expressed an interest in supporting this and suggested that a simple reconfirmation was about all that we could manage given the workload from the RASDS++ and SCCS-ARD documents, both of which are huge and rather complex.

Do you still wish to see this occur?  If so, would a simple reconfirmation meet your needs or do you believe that there are essential updates to this document?   You do recall, of course, that this was developed as a joint SEA IA WG and MOIMS DAI WG document.

  1.  If a simple reconfirmation will work please indicate your support for that approach.
  2.  If this will not really meet your needs, please indicate just what changes you think are needed to meet your needs.

If option 1 works I think we could then proceed directly to reconfirmation.  If option 2 must be invoked that will be harder to accomplish.  I would propose that we hold a joint SEA SAWG / MOIMS DAI WG working session to flog out any identified issues.

Please let us know by 4 Nov what your position is on this.

Best regards, Peter