[Sea-sa] file transfer protocol for D-DOR raw data files

Felix.Flentge at esa.int Felix.Flentge at esa.int
Wed Feb 24 10:30:27 UTC 2021

Dear John,

as far as I know there are simple scripts doing parallel sftp transfers.

Regards,
Felix

From:   "John Pietras" <john.pietras at gst.com>
To:     "sea-sa at mailman.ccsds.org" <sea-sa at mailman.ccsds.org>
Date:   23/02/2021 05:05
Subject:        [Sea-sa] file transfer protocol for D-DOR raw data files
Sent by:        "SEA-SA" <sea-sa-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>

SEA-SAWG colleagues ---
At our telecon on 1 February, we discussed the possibility that transfer
of Delta-DOR raw data files might not be done using the upcoming
Terrestrial Generic File Transfer (TGFT) because TGFT may levy unnecessary
(from the D-DOR perspective) file ?wrapper? requirements and may not meet
the throughput needed to move the extremely large D-DOR raw data files.

It was mentioned that the D-DOR community was already using a file
transfer protocol that was better suited to their purposes, one that used
multiple concurrent connections to achieve the desired throughput.

Do any of you know anything about such a file transfer protocol being used
for D-DOR? If so, could you please send whatever information you have to
me?

Thank you.

Best regards,
John