[Sea-sa] file transfer protocol for D-DOR raw data files

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Feb 23 04:00:45 UTC 2021

SEA-SAWG colleagues ---
At our telecon on 1 February, we discussed the possibility that transfer of Delta-DOR raw data files might not be done using the upcoming Terrestrial Generic File Transfer (TGFT) because TGFT may levy unnecessary (from the D-DOR perspective) file "wrapper" requirements and may not meet the throughput needed to move the extremely large D-DOR raw data files.

It was mentioned that the D-DOR community was already using a file transfer protocol that was better suited to their purposes, one that used multiple concurrent connections to achieve the desired throughput.

Do any of you know anything about such a file transfer protocol being used for D-DOR? If so, could you please send whatever information you have to me?

Thank you.

Best regards,
John