[Sea-sa] [EXTERNAL] Re: Second cut at CSS FRM and SOIS EDS integration approach

Felix.Flentge at esa.int Felix.Flentge at esa.int
Wed Dec 15 13:43:20 UTC 2021

Thanks Peter,

yes, makes sense to me and seems to be a pragmatic way forward:
- FRM providing a way to describe parameters, directives and events (I
think it is something we will should do for ground nodes anyway and I
would expect space nodes to be very similar).
- specific implementation could be agency-specific initially (based on EDS
or not) until a inter operable protocol is defined (for terrestrial use we
could even use CSTS Monitored Data / Control during that time)

The security topic is, of course, a major one and it keeps coming up in
different contexts again and again (Mars communication, Lunar
Communication Networks). We are currently discussing internally how to
address it and will come forward with some proposal.

Regards,
Felix