[Sea-sa] Notes from SEA-SAWG Telecon, 14 March 2019

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 14 23:49:57 UTC 2019

SEA SAWG Telecon, 14 March 2019
Attendees: Shames, Thompson, Krosley

Several sections of the document had changes made and we reviewed them.  Only the ones that are highlighted were explored at this session.  A set of notes re agreements as to how to handle these topics follows:

Sec 2.4 intro "3 Cases"

Sec 3.3 Graphical conventions, move this all down into the relevant sections?

Sec 3.3.2 Info view, "MO related"
Sec 3.3.3 Service View notation, move table descriptions to Sec 6
Sec 3.3.7 Implementation View is fundamentally process and transformation
Sec 3.4 Deployment Use Cases moved down to Sec 9

Sec 4.2.1.2 S/C Management & Development [Future] "phantom functions and standards", how to handle
Sec 4.2.2.1 Mission Control [Future]
Sec 4.2.2.4 Ops Prep [Future]
Sec 4.2.4.1 M&C [Future]

Sec 4.3 SOIS Functions, really abbreviated presentation

Sec 5.2.4.2 Other mission control data [Future]
Sec 5.2.5.1.6 Re-entry Data Message [Future]
Sec 5.2.5.2 Timing [Future], and also related to SEA Time BoF work

Sec 5.3.2 SOIS EDS for deployments [Future] should be included
Sec 5.3.3 SOIS DoT is a very abbreviated presentation on what is actually a really powerful concept
Sec 5.3.4 SOIS Subnetwork data, "Flow Identifier"

Sec 6.2 MO Services, mixing data formats and services
Sec 6.2.2 Mission Control Services [Future] markings

Sec 6.3 SOIS Services [Future] markings

Sec 7 Comm stacks
Sec 7.2.1 App layer, sub-layers, terms
Sec 7.3.2 Generic (MO) protocol Stack

Sec 8 & 9 largely not reviewed yet

Sec 9.5 Transitional strategies, include the 3 cases here  …

Sec 10 not reviewed yet

Notes @ Agreements:

  *   Agreed to follow the CCSDS compliant SCCS-ARD approach to showing normative & informative references
     *   Normative, Sec 1.7, only includes Blue & Magenta Books, and normative documents from other standards bodies, such as ISO
     *   Informative, Annex C, includes all other non-normative or draft documents.  May include Green Books, Yellow Books, Red Books (mature enough for agency review), White Books (draft standards in development not yet released for agency review), and Concept Papers (notes for future standards)
  *   Agree to label any standards that are not yet Normative as [Future] and to not label as [Future] high level intro sections.  We will defer marking materials as [Future] until we reach the individual sections where standards actually appear.
  *   Add note in the Functional VP that we are not standardizing functions, but interfaces, and that we may describe reference models, i.e. MP approach
  *   In the Functional, Informational, Service, and Communications viewpoints we will mark the lists of interfaces and documents as to references and maturity (Normative Reference [n] or Informative References [Cn]), where the list of Informative documents provides more detail on maturity.
  *   Agree that Connectivity, Deployment, and Implementation Views do not need references since they are largely just examples and build on the prior sections where these distinctions are already made clear.
  *   Agree to not label whole Sub-Sections as [Future] if they contain existing standards, but any sub-sections that contain no mature documents will be labelled as [Future], as will any documents they reference.
  *   Agree to mark docs that appear in the Informative annex as to maturity (see above).
  *   Agree to add an intro section describing this approach and informing readers as to how to interpret this doc and the references.

SAWG Telecon prior to CCSDS working meeting

11 April 2019 @ 0700 PDT, no European DST offset?

Mechanics of exchanging docs

  *   Ray to complete his mods, load to Web Site, and signal the WG, by CoB Monday 18 Mar
  *   Roger to do his mods, load to Web Site, and signal the WG, by CoB Monday 25 Mar
  *   Peter to complete review, add other materials, and signal the WG by CoB Friday, 5 April