[Sea-sa] SAWG Telecon Agenda, Thursday, 9 Feb 2017 @ 0700 AM Pacific

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 1 22:21:46 UTC 2017

Dear SAWG,

Back in December we agreed to hold our next telecom on Thursday, 9 Feb (see appended notes).  We did have our telecon on 10 Jan 17, but Roger was unavailable.  I hope he had a fine time with the penguins and is ready to re-join our flock.

I did send out the revised and annotated outline for the GB.  The request was for you to each do the following:

1)       Review the outline and suggested contents for clarity and flow

2)       Identify where the various diagrams and materials we have all prepared would fit into this outline

3)       Identify what is missing

4)       Take a cut at identifying which of the document sections you would be willing to take responsibility for writing the first drafts

This should be the primary focus of our next telecon, so please come prepared to discuss these topics.  If any of you have other new materials to contribute now please let us know and we'll work it into the agenda.

The meeting update with the telecon information will be sent separately.

Thanks, Peter

SAWG Telecon, 1 Dec 2016 @ 0700 Pacific

Attendees:  Roger Thompson, Ramon Krosley, Yonghui Huang, Christian Stangl, Peter Shames

Agenda

-          Review the draft outline of the Green Book

Minutes

-          Discuss draft outline, ordering and contents

-          Discuss the intended content and form and agree on the general structure as well as some adjustments

-          Identify that at least a 1-2 sentence description of intended content and focus for each section is needed, TBS, Shames

-          Add a Functional view and re-arrange the views to better suit the intended source material & content

-          Identify some of the kinds functional, protocol, and information objects as the means to start understanding how the document will be flshed out

-          Discuss the overall approach, building blocks and composition, clarify and agree on the intended flow of the document, with some adjustments

-          Agree on approach of next expanding the outline with short notes identifying intended content and sources (I.e. SM&C MAL, SOIS EDS)

-          Agree to use a "story board" approach to explore the content and form by inserting existing diagrams into the outline

-          Agree to use this process to refine the document structure, identify missing content, and adjust as needed

Next steps

-          PS Edit the GB draft, add in "one-liners"

-          RT & RK, in particular, review the outline, update/edit SOIS & MOIMS topics within the outline

-          RT update function, info & service materials, include Data Archive content, develop protocol & deployment views

-          RK update existing diagram materials to align the SOIS content with the MO content, to the extent possible

-          YH review level of support that will be possible

-          Exchange draft materials electronically

-          Review at next telecom

-          Next meeting Tuesday, 10 Jan, 0700 PST, 1500 UTC, 1600 CET, 2200 China

-          Following meeting Thurs 9 Feb, 0700 PST, 1500 UTC, 1600 CET, 2200 China