[MOIMS] Plenary on SM&C at next CCSDS WS

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Wed Nov 15 15:58:27 UTC 2006

R E M I N D E R

Adrian,

As MOIMS AD I would like te request you, after considering an SM&C proposal,
to include the following during our next CCSDS International Workshop (16th
Jan - 20th Jan 2007 at Colorado Springs)

   An SM&C WG presentation at the Plenary (1 hr ) (i.e Tuesday morning after
   the general introduction).
   Prototype demo + discussion during the week (2 hrs)

I believe that this is essential because no other CCSDS WG has so a big
audience and provokes so many discussions at technical and management level.

Every Agency has the same goals, including short-, medium- and long-term
interoperability, but  which protocols and messages have to be standardised
are always under assessment by everybody.

I think that this presentation will be at the right time (after 2 months of
NASA internal discussions and before the CMC), because a decision of the way
to go (or not to go) needs to be taken during the next CMC.

Please let me know your views at your earliest covenience.

ciao
nestor