[MOIMS] [CESG] SANA Story Board

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Thu Apr 21 07:37:26 UTC 2005

FYI

Please let me have your comments asap

ciao
nestor
----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 21/04/2005 09:36 -----

                      Peter Shames
                      <peter.shames at jpl.n         To:      CCSDS Engineering Steering Group - CESG <cesg at mailman.ccsds.org>
                      asa.gov>                    cc:      Dana Freeborn <Dana.J.Freeborn at jpl.nasa.gov>, Peter Shames
                      Sent by:                    <peter.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>, Dan Crichton <Daniel.J.Crichton at jpl.nasa.gov>, Andy
                      cesg-bounces at mailma         Dowen <Andrew.Z.Dowen at jpl.nasa.gov>, "Jack Kelley, PhD" <jkelley at hq.nasa.gov>
                      n.ccsds.org                 Subject: [CESG] SANA Story Board

                      15/04/2005 17:19

Dear CESG Colleagues,

Here is the SANA storyboard that I presented at the end of today's CESG
meeting.   Thanks for taking the time to look at it and for the
favorable feedback.  Please take a look at it and provide me with any
feedback that you have on it.   We are using it to guide the SANA
prototype activity and will do our best to incorporate your feedback.

Please be aware that there are two elements included in here.  One is
the parts that are specifically SANA, i.e. the various protocol
identifiers, registry elements, and other CCSDS magic numbers that are
currently buried in documents or in other, disconnected, web sites.
One aspect of this is to also identify information that is in various
documents and make it available as more of a tutorial.    This is on
the front page and on the tabs that are labeled CCSDS protocols,
identifiers, and SFDUs.  Some of these are intended to be links to
existing registry elements, but they are not yet connected in this
Powerpoint version.

The other aspect of this storyboard is to present a possible approach
for improving the CCSDS web site so that information about our areas
and working groups is more readily accessed by novices and expert users
alike.  This is the part that I would most like your feedback about
since we can quite easily prototype a new look for the site using this
simple Powerpoint presentation.  Please take a look particularly at the
tabs at the top that are labeled Overview, CCSDS Protocols, and CCSDS
Areas.

If you view this in Slide Show mode the links will be active.  I warn
you ahead of time that this is a very crude mock-up of a web site, that
many of the things that might be linked are not yet, and that many of
the things that we chose to link in may not be what you would choose
yourselves.  The "go back" button only takes you back to the last page.
  If you get lost, click on any of the tabs at the top to get back to a
top level page from which to explore further.

Feedback of any sort is welcome.  If you have some ideas you would like
to see explored as a good way to present all of the CCSDS areas od
work, or even just your own area or WG, please let us know.  Sending
Powerpoint pages will be a good way to provide input.  Sending links to
web pages that provide good examples of what you want is another.
Editing this presentation yourselves and sending it back to us is
another.  We really ant to know if we are on the right track and how we
can make this even better and more useful.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards, Peter Shames

(See attached file: SANAStoryBoard-8.ppt)

Peter Shames
Manager - JPL Information Systems Standards Program
InterPlanetary Network and Information Systems Directorate
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-265
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-1333

Internet:  Peter.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov