[Moims-sc] CCSDS MO Green Book draft for WG review

YOSHIKAZU MIYANO miyano.yoshikazu at jaxa.jp
Wed Oct 3 07:56:18 UTC 2018

Sam-san and SM&C Colleagues,

I had quick review for the draft from the viewpoint of readers
who will be not familiar with CCSDS MO.

4.3    The Common Object Model (COM)
4.4    The Common Services
I recommend you to draw simple diagram including COM services and
common services in chapter 4.3 or 4.4, because readers will have difficulty
in understanding these difference. Currently, readers can view the
relation between
COM and Common in the diagram of 4.5 Full MO layering.

chapter 9.2  technology mappings
I recommend you to describe
4.2.1 Service Adaption Layer and 4.2.2 Message Abstract Layer also
related to technology mappings ,
because reader try to understand it from protocol stack  as well as 3.4
Technology Independence and Modularity.

The following issues are not related to G-4, but sharing information will be
necessary at least between MOIMS and CSS AD. From the point of cost
reduction,
project managers will hesitate to implement similar services in
different approach.
As future work, GB should include what each standard can do or not.

1)Mission Operations Monitor & Control Services
CSS area has discussed service control architecture since last year.
Service control architecture aims to control ground stations based
on Functional Resource Reference Model Technical Note(MB in the future.)
On the other hands, CCSDS MO can theoretically control ground station
defined as instruments, though there is no use case regarding ground station
in MO GB.

CSS Area Control Architecture Initial Sketch (I could not follow the
latest status.)
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS%20Area/CWE%20Private/AreaMeetingNotes/TeleconNotes/d0-CSSAreaControlArchitecture-Sketch-07-Mar-2017.pptx

The latest draft of "Functional Resource Reference Model Technical Note"
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS%20Area/CWE%20Private/Functional%20Resources%20and%20Service%20Components/FunctionalResourcesRefModel_TechNote-TN-0.14-180730.docx

2)MDPD and File services
CSS SM WG is editing TERRESTRIAL GENERIC FILE TRANSFER(TGFT) ,
which is described in IOAG Service Catalog #1.
This standard is to focus on transferring files and associated metadata
between
ground systems. by using existing protocols such as HTTP.  TGFT might
be alternative for CCSDS MO in the cases of ground-to-ground exchange data.
The latest draft of TGFT
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-SM/CWE%20Private/Book%20Production/Blue/Terrestrial%20Generic%20File%20Transfer/White%20Book/Drafts/927x01w0.8%20-%20Terrestrial%20Generic%20File%20Transfer.doc

Best regards,

Miyano