[Moims-sc] Open Source MAL C API available on GitHub

Champsavoir Nicolas Nicolas.Champsavoir at cnes.fr
Tue Mar 29 12:00:25 UTC 2016

Dear CCSDS MOers,

I'm glad to announce that the MAL C API, developed for the CNES by ScalAgent in the scope of the production of the MAL to ZMTP (ZeroMQ) binding book, has been open-sourced under the very permissive MIT License. It is available on GitHub at the following address: https://github.com/ccsdsmo/malc.

The complete documentation of the API is in French (I know it is unfortunate and I will try and have it translated in English in the upcoming months) but the README files, the source code and all the examples are in English. The code is pretty straightforward and relatively easy to follow so I encouraged you to have a look.

Although the only currently available transport is ZeroMQ, the MAL C API code has been designed to allow other transports (e.g. TCP) to be added in the future.  Also, its architecture - namely the fact everything that concerns how MAL messages are routed to methods is optional - makes it possible to designed higher level langage bindinds (e.g. Python, Ruby, Lua, Java...) on top of this API.

If the schedules permits it and enough of you are interested, I can make a quick presentation of the API in Cleveland.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing you all in a few days.
Best regards.
Nicolas.