[Moims-sc] Re: Would SM&C have a few hours to discuss network management?

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Tue Oct 14 09:18:21 UTC 2014

Hi Keith,

I have earmarked a 2h joint meeting with SIS-DTN in the agenda of SM&C WG
starting at 13:30 of Thu 13Nov. Is that OK?

Without pre-emptying the discussion, the MO SM&C Services provide a
coherent set of services to monitor and control *any* remote
(controllable) object, not necessarily only as spacecraft. The operations
of these services are defined in an abstract manner (via the MAL). For a
specific deployment, and here I am touching on your question on "how those
parameters are encoded and transported, the abstract services need to be
mapped to a concrete encoding/transport. This is achieved by a dedicated
blue book at the level of MAL.

The bottom line is that
- one can use the MO M&C services to monitor and control any remote object
- one can select the most appropriate encoding/transport for its
deployment of these services.

I hope the above helps. How do you want to play the joint meeting? For
instance, would you like to send us in advance a set of questions that you
would like to be addressed?

Thanks

__Mario