[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / July 2021

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 28 18:24:36 UTC 2021

Mario/Marc:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 28-Jul-2021 telecon.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book V.2: The material in this document ages rather rapidly, and it is time for a refresh. We will propose a new V.3 project within a week.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM): Version 3 updates have been submitted to the Secretariat for document processing along with a resolution to prepare CESG/CMC polling. Prototype development is in progress, to be completed after the Agency Review and comments disposition. We are hoping for CESG/CMC polling to begin in a month or so. Most of the pre-requisite material for related SANA registries has been submitted to the SANA team, and they have processed a few updates.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM): Idea collection for this document update is still in progress. No draft is yet scheduled; it's possible an initial draft could be available for the Fall 2021 Meetings.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. A version P1.12 should be available sometime this summer. It's possible that this document will be ready for Area Director review and Agency Review around the time of the Fall 2021 Meetings.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): No new status. The version 2 Blue Book was published in May 2021. Associated corrigenda for the CDM, RDM, and TDM have been submitted to Secretariat and are in Tom Gannett's queue for CESG/CMC polling.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM): Distribution of the first NEM White Book will be further delayed due to the fact that the NEM has the same Lead Editor as the ADM Version 2 update, which has higher priority.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM):  Processing of comments from the internal review of the first Pink Book draft P1.0.1 commenced during the Spring 2021 Meetings. We had planned to continue in this week's telecon, but due to several vacation-related absences it was decided that progress would be minimal so further discussion was postponed to the early September telecon. There are still quite a few comments to resolve so this will continue to be a focus of WG telecons.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book V.4, 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM), 509.0 Pointing Request Message.