[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] DRAFT NavWG Virtual Spring Meetings Report + Telecon Options

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri May 15 17:21:34 UTC 2020

All:

NAVWG REPORT
=============
Attached is the draft report regarding our meetings this week. Take a look and if you have comments/recommendations, respond to this message with your comments sometime on Monday 18-May-2020. Please ignore the date in the footer. I will figure out a way to fix it. For some reason the Master Slide editing functions don't work for me... this could be a Mac/PC compatibility issue.

TELECON OPTIONS
I see 4 options for our telecons between now and the Fall 2020 Meetings, which are nominally scheduled for Toulouse in late October, but could potentially be virtual again.

Option A. Continue 1 hour monthly telecon until Fall 2020 Meetings, i.e., no change in regular telecon schedule (1 hour/month)
Option B. Schedule a 1 hour telecon every 2 weeks (approximately 2 hours/month)
Option C. Schedule a 2 hour telecon monthly (approximately 2 hours/month)
Option D. Schedule a 2 hour telecon every 2 weeks (approximately 4 hours/month)

Options B, C, and D would allow us to make more progress than "normal", and we could spend more time on technical discussions to advance books than we typically do in Option A; these would also help us to move documents along that we could not spend time on in the reduced meeting schedule this week.

Think about these options and respond to me by Monday with your preference, ranking Options A-D from 1 to 4, with #1 being your most preferred option and #4 being your least preferred option.

Thanks!