[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] FW: Responses to Conditions on CESG Polls (Nav WG Documents, Polls CESG-P-2019-10-002 and CESG-P-2019-10-004)

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 5 00:17:14 UTC 2019

Nav WG:

Today I met with Peter Shames, who during CESG Polls levied conditions on the RDM and the Nav Data Defs & Conventions documents. He approved our proposed responses to the conditions.

As a refresher:

For the condition on "CESG-P-2019-10-002 Approval to publish CCSDS 500.0-G-4, Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions (Green Book, Issue 4)", no action is necessary other than for the Secretariat to create the associated CMC Poll. Peter accepted the Nav WG proposal to NOT convert the book to Magenta. (However, he was not supportive of our idea of phasing out the book by moving the bulk of the contents to SANA... Consequently, I said that if/when we do another revision we would change it to a Magenta Book. In principle I'm not necessarily opposed to that, I just don't want to expend (waste) the resources required to do that now and it would also delay the project even further, probably at least 6 months and maybe longer.)

For the condition on "CESG-P-2019-10-004 Approval to publish CCSDS 508.1-B-1, Re-entry Data Message (Blue Book, Issue 1)", there were 2 conditions. For the first of them (regarding a checksum), Peter accepted the argument that it was not actionable. For the second condition he accepted the minor textual change in Annex B, Section B2, page B-2:

From: "in the registry"
To:   "in any of the above listed registries"

The Secretariat has agreed to make this minor textual change, which will be faster than having him send us the official MS Word doc, having us make the change, and sending it back (especially given the MS Word challenges we've been experiencing).

The Secretariat also indicated that our 2 documents will now move forward in the next round of CMC Polls in the next few days.

FYI,