[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Apr 2019

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 3 22:46:06 UTC 2019

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 03-Apr-2019 telecon.

500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress, and nearing completion. The 3.6 update should be distributed this week. We plan to request the CESG/CMC "approval to publish" polls around the time of the Spring Meetings or shortly thereafter.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book:  Version 2 updates are in progress, and nearing completion. A third draft of the document was distributed in early January; a few editorial revisions have been suggested from the review. Progress is very good overall. Again, we plan to request the CESG/CMC Polls and publication around the time of the Spring Meetings or possibly before.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM): The latest draft (P2.38) was distributed late November and is still under internal review (target for completion at end of April 2019). Updates to CCSDS Normative Annexes SANA Registries continue. The ODM will be one of the first to take advantage of this new feature; applicable annexes have been removed from the draft of P2.38. We hope to have a P2.39 initial update around the time of the Spring Meetings.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM): Unfortunately very little progress has been made recently.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. A version P1.8 update of the ADM including the new Attitude Comprehensive Message (ACM) material (analogous to the ODM's Orbit Comprehensive Message (OCM)) will be produced about 2 weeks prior to the Spring Meetings.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): There has not been much progress since last report, given the priority on other documents.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM): Preliminary discussions among the co-editors of the document have commenced.

508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): Prototype testing by ESA and DLR has been completed, and a test report produced. A final, detailed proofreading of the Red Book 1.4 will commence, with a Red Book 1.5 expected to be ready for "approval to publish" CESG/CMC polls as an output of the Spring Meetings. Excellent progress is being made.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM): Recently published, no new work necessary.

50x.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM): Distribution of the first NEM White Book should be occur around the beginning of the Spring Meetings.