[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Sep 2018

Berry, David S (3920) David.S.Berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 6 18:38:52 UTC 2018

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 05-Sep-2018 telecon (we did not have one in August).

500.0 Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress. Lead Editorship of this document was recently re-assigned due to the loss of funding for our prior Lead Editor. We anticipate an updated draft prior to the Fall Meetings. We will evaluate at the Fall Meetings the viability of our prior plan to request the CESG/CMC Polls and publication after the Fall Meetings.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book:  Version 2 updates are in progress. A first draft of this document has completed internal review. A second draft is anticipated prior to the Fall Meetings. Good progress is being made.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM): The current draft (P2.37) has completed internal review. It's becoming fairly mature at this point. We are in the process of migrating some material from ODM annexes to the SANA, so we are working with the SANA Operator to set up the required registries; they have produced a prototype on their beta registry site. Next draft (P2.38) is expected prior to the Fall Meetings.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM): The TDM Pink Book Agency Review completed 24-Jul-2018. Only a few RIDs were filed; these will be dispositioned by email if possible or at the Fall Meetings. The prototyping test plan draft is nearly complete given current knowledge (one more test case to draft), but the Test Plan may have to be expanded depending on outcomes from the Agency Review and content of the RIDs. A "TDM Blue Book Approach Plan" has been prepared. Given a few requests we have received for changes in the TDM, we anticipate that we will formally propose a TDM Version 3 project in the relatively near future.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. The next draft (P1.7) is targeted around the prior to the Fall Meetings. It should include material for the XML sections and our new Attitude Comprehensive Message (analogous to the ODM's Orbit Comprehensive Message).

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): Background work on this document and schema updates are in progress. We continue our plan to remove only the TDM/XML at this time since it is closest to being completed and the ODM/ADM will take up to another year to complete. When the updated ADM and ODM are published, another revision project will be necessary. A first draft of the revised document will be distributed prior to the Fall Meetings. A revised schema set "B" has been provided to the SANA Operator and posted on the Registry (due to a file naming misunderstanding between the SANA Operator and the WG, the revised schema set "A" when downloaded from SANA was completely non-functional).

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM):  At the 05-Sep-2018 telecon we completed the 5 Year Review with a decision of "revise". The formal process to propose the revision project will commence prior to the Fall Meetings.

508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): The Agency Review commenced completed 28-Aug-2018; very few RIDs were filed. The Lead editor has distributed candidate dispositions for the RIDs; these will be evaluated via email if possible and at our next telecon. Remaining RID dispositions will be accomplished during the Fall Meetings. Prototype planning at (ESA and DLR) is underway. An "RDM Blue Book Approach Plan" has been prepared.

50x.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM): An update to the requirements was published in August. A first White Book is anticipated in time for the Fall Meetings. To date most of the work is foundational: list of candidate events, requirements, XML structures for events, XML processes for generating event messages, etc. Good progress is being made.