[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jul 30 14:06:03 UTC 2017

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 26-Jul-2017 telecon.

Pointing Requests Message (PRM): At the telecon, it was reported that ESOC had detected an issue with the PRM that is currently being investigated. It is not yet known whether or not the PRM standard will need to be changed, or the magnitude of changes should they be necessary. Investigation in progress. Secretariat has been notified and I have requested that the Resolution to publish be put on hold.

Tracking Data Message (TDM): A draft that we hope will be ready for Agency Review is in preparation.

Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress. The most recent draft (3.4) is now in WG review.

Orbit Data Message (ODM): The most recent draft (P2.36) is now in WG review.

Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): White Book #4 was produced very recently and is now in WG review. A preview of WB5 containing the XML material has been created but is waiting for WB4 review comments before being distributed. We are planning to initiate an Agency Review before the end of 2017.

Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. The most recent draft (P1.4) is now in WG review.

Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): The project is in the Framework. Some required changes/corrections to schemas are being studied.

Events Message (EVM): A CMC poll has been initiated: CMC-P-2017-07-006 Approval of New Project in the MOIMS - Navigation Working Group "Navigation Events Message" - Blue Book. Poll closes 11-Aug-2017.

Navigation Hardware Message (NHM): No change since last report. The WG continues to evaluate whether or not this project should continue. There is no Prototype #2 commitment yet, but the notion of producing an Orange Book may be the way forward. We continue to evaluate a potential change of direction that may address the technical issues with this document.