[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Jul 2 01:36:39 UTC 2017

Mario:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 28-Jun-2017 telecon.

Pointing Requests Message (PRM): The document is complete. Prototype testing is complete. The Test Report is nearly complete. I am waiting for the final update of the Test Report and then will submit the required materials to you along with a request for a resolution for CESG/CMC polling and advancement to Blue Book.

Tracking Data Message (TDM): We are nearing "Agency Review readiness" of the Version 2 update. WG review of most recent draft yielded very few comments.

Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress. An updated draft was produced just prior to the Spring 2017 Meetings and is now in WG review. Should be finishing up relatively soon.

Orbit Data Message (ODM): Very good progress on the Version 3 update. The most recent draft was provided just prior to the Spring 2017 meetings and is now in WG review.

Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): White Book #3 was produced just prior to the Spring 2017 Meetings, and White Book #4 was sent out last week. We have pretty rapid progress on this document and are hoping to initiate an Agency Review before the end of 2017.

Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. The most recent draft was produced just prior to the Spring 2017 Meetings and is now in WG review.

Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): The project is in the Framework, but no real progress yet. No change since last report.

Navigation Hardware Message (NHM): The WG continues to evaluate whether or not this project should continue. There is no Prototype #2 commitment yet, but the notion of producing an Orange Book may be the way forward. We continue to evaluate a potential change of direction that may address the technical issues with this document.

Events Message (EVM): The WG proposed converting this from Draft Project to Active Project in the Spring 2017 Meeting report. No polls have yet been conducted to my knowledge, so we have not added it to our Framework page. No progress.