[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Navigation message of the future

Oltrogge, Daniel doltrogge at agi.com
Thu Dec 14 20:50:23 UTC 2017

Alain -

My apologies for being so slow to respond, but I finally got a moment to review what you'd assembled.

Good thoughts.

I agree with the building block approach that you captured, and the use of templates.

In my opinion, we should be looking at standardizing a "container template" structure that can then hold as many optional building blocks as required to convey the desired content.  Thus, this container template would contain much of the message-relevant meta data (originator, PoC, date, source, etc.).

I also like how you've captured some of the building block data types (non-varying data, data at one instant, time-varying, and data varying as a function of one or more other (non-time) parameters.

I agree, "Let's go!"

Dan

Daniel L. Oltrogge
SDC Program Mgr. and Sr. Research Astrodynamicist
Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Incorporated