[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Document Review Assignments

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 7 02:17:28 UTC 2016

All:

I'm somewhat tardy sending out this message to you... apologies.

As you know, we have several documents that require review at this time, and we've been using a "divide and conquer" approach where applicable.

The 3 documents are:  PRM Red Book (Agency Review), TDM P1.0.3 (Pink Book, internal WG review, sent out by David 16-Feb-2016), and ODM P2.32 (Pink Book, internal WG review, sent out by Dan 17-Feb-2016).

The priority review is the PRM. The formal review period ends 15-Mar-2016, just a little over a week away. I believe I can "stall" on this a bit since we don't plan to address RIDs until the Spring Meetings in a few weeks. If you only have time to do one thing from this email, focus on the PRM. It is Priority #1 at this time.

For the ODM and TDM, it would be good to have review comments submitted to the lead editors (and the mailing list) by 31-Mar-2016 (a little less than a week prior to the Spring Meetings) so they will have time to consider the comments prior to the meetings (but if you can't get it done prior to the meetings, that will be OK... we can discuss in real time at the meetings if need be).

Review assignments for the ODM are primarily to review Section 2, Section 6, and Section 7, since that is where the bulk of the changes exist. Soon we will need to do a full document scrub, but we're not quite ready for that in my opinion. It would be good for as many of you as possible to look at the ODM.

I've attached some assignments for the TDM document (incorporated in the Action Items list attached, as was suggested a while back). The TDM page assignments are based on the "changes accepted" version, however (if we are lucky), the Agency Review will only involve those pages that have changed since they are not too numerous. So you can focus your review comments on the "changes tracked" version if you prefer. Note that there are some page numbering irregularities in the document... I don't know why Microsoft Word is so flaky about page numbering, but it's always a struggle. Another note:  Annex D (with the exception of 1 page) and Annex I don't need to be reviewed.

Note that the NHM White Book 15 is also shown as requiring review, however, the Lead Editor situation for that book is currently undecided and so WG members should focus on the PRM, TDM, and ODM until we have an opportunity to discuss things at Cleveland.