[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] CCSDS Nav WG Telecon Minutes 06-May-2015

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 7 22:47:40 UTC 2015

Dave:

Thanks for your comments.  We have only just begun the process of revising
the ODM, and I expect it will take a while particularly due to the
proposal to add an entirely new message into the mix.

With regard to the OMM, I must remind you that you were the major
proponent of adding the ability to include data from which a user could
construct a TLE if they so desired.  Because the OMM is NOW in the
standard, and there are potentially users thereof, we must carefully
evaluate the implications of removing it regardless of how many entities
are CREATING them.

With regard to the OHM, discussions are only starting.  Thus the detailed
content and the nature of that content (e.g., required/optional fields)
are far from settled.

I welcome your participation in the further discussion of these topics.

Hope to see you soon,
David