[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] FW: Proposed Draft Orbit Hybrid Message (OHM)

Berry, David S (3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 5 18:29:45 UTC 2015

Dave:

OMMs are posted on the Space-track website... see https://www.space-track.org/#/catalog far right column.

For that reason, as far as I'm concerned, the OMM should stay.

David

From: SkySentry <finklemand at skysentry.net<mailto:finklemand at skysentry.net>>
Date: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 8:14 PM
To: David Berry <David.S.Berry at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:David.S.Berry at jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: "moims-nav-exec at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:moims-nav-exec at mailman.ccsds.org>" <moims-nav-exec at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:moims-nav-exec at mailman.ccsds.org>>
Subject: Re: [MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] FW: Proposed Draft Orbit Hybrid Message (OHM)

I have no objection to the addition.  I agree that it would overcome a deficiency for many users and potential users.   However, there are certainly other essential revisions that should be implemented in the mandatory reconfirmation review.  For example, I think that the OMM should be removed.  As far as I can tell, no one uses it.  It was my attempt to bring the USAF into the rest of the world by accommodating TLE content in a standard formalism.  Now the USAF has gained momentum in providing OEM and OPM formats, particularly in the CDM.  OMM can go.  There may be new elements of information, particularly for small satellites or for intentional rather than accidental close approaches, as in ADR.

We should pursue diligently a full review and assessment.  Dan's contribution is a good start. I believe that opening things up briefly will not affect the bureaucracy of implementing the OHM.

ברכות מתל אביב

Dave

Sent from my iPad