[Moims-ipr] Re: [Moims-dai] [Fwd: ISO Systematic Review of CCSDS Document 651.0-B-1 (ISO 20652:2006 - Producer-archive interface - Methodology abstract standard)]

claude Huc claude.huc at free.fr
Wed May 27 16:08:22 EDT 2009

John Garrett a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> We've been asked to reconfirm the PAIMAS standard.
> Please let me know if you think it should be reconfirmed.
> I think it should be and I intend to submit the paperwork to reconfirm
> it next week unless I hear objections.
> Normally we would discuss this at the International Workshop, but this
> just came in. I don't understand why reconfirmation is necessary since
> it should be every 5 years and it has only been 3 as the ISO date
> indicates. (ISO 20652:2006).
> I've asked CCSDS Secretariat to check why we are getting these on 3
> year cycle, but we may not get any explanation back before the due date.
>
> Cheers,
> -JOhn

Dear all

I think it should be reconfirmed.
This ISO standard is applicable and applied in various domains.
It is for instance applicable for the digital repository of the french
national library.
There is an internal CNES standard which define the "rules and
recommendations applicable for long term archives".
The first rule in the section that deals with the interface between the
Producers (space projects) and the archive is :
"Le Projet et l’Archive suivront les recommandations de la norme«
Producer-Archive Interface Methodology Abstract Standard »
(PAIMAS) pour l’archivage des données.
That means :
The project and the Archive shall follow the recommendations of the
standard PAIMAS for the archiving of the data.

Sincerely

Claude