[Moims-ipr] Fw: [Secretariat] RE: Liaison Statement to ISO TC 20/SC 13 (SC 29 N9088)

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Tue Feb 5 08:14:51 EST 2008

Dear all,
I need your feedback asap, and somebody to contact the ISO folks
ciao
nestor
----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 05/02/2008 14:13 -----

             "Kearney, Mike W.
             (MSFC-EO01)"
             <Mike.Kearney at nasa                                           To
             .gov>                      "Adrian J. Hooke"
                                        <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>,
             04/02/2008 23:15           <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>
                                                                          cc
                                        "CCSDS Secretariat"
                                        <Secretariat at mailman.ccsds.org>,
                                        "Aaron Kiely"
                                        <Aaron.B.Kiely at jpl.nasa.gov>,
                                        "Grubbs, Rodney P. (MSFC-EO50)"
                                        <rodney.grubbs at nasa.gov>, "Sawyer,
                                        Donald M. (GSFC-690.1)"
                                        <donald.m.sawyer at nasa.gov>,
                                        <olivier.avaro at streamezzo.com>,
                                        <Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int>,
                                        <durst at mitre.org>, "Eduardo
                                        Bergamini"
                                        <e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br>
                                                                     Subject
                                        RE: [Secretariat] RE: Liaison
                                        Statement to ISO TC 20/SC 13 (SC 29
                                        N9088)

CESG (Adrian/Nestor) and affected Area Directors (Jean-Luc, Nestor, Bob):  I
received this communication below (plus attachments) from ISO JTC1/SC29/WG11.
I neglected to copy you on this, and I apologize for that.  The effort in
WG11 seemed related to OAIS and MPEG video, so I sent it directly to the WG
chairs (copied on this note) for DAI, MHDS and MIA.   I realize that I also
need to make the CESG and ADs aware of it, so I am copying you now.

I notice that JTC1/SC29/WG11 is not on our current Liaison list:
http://public.ccsds.org/participation/liaisons.aspx

My recommendation is that:
   ·         Before the March meeting, the WG chairs communicate with
   JTC1/SC29/WG11 to investigate any suggested common interests;
   ·         At the March meetings, these WGs discuss this and report to the
   ADs/CESG;
   ·         At the June CMC meeting, the CESG reports on whether any further
   monitoring of this activity is warranted.  In particular, whether
   JTC1/SC29/WG11 should be adopted with Liaison status.

Secretariat:  Can you create a CMC action to the CESG to report on
coordination with JTC1/SC29/WG11?  Due at the June CMC meeting.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney
NASA MSFC EO-01
256-544-2029