[Moims-ipr] CESG Final Review of XFDU Structure and Construction Rules

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Wed Aug 27 03:21:20 EDT 2008

Peter,

Looking at the figures, the real problem is the Figure 11-1.

Figures 4.1 to 4-6, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.1, 9.1 are a subset of Figure 11.1. They
are readable.

Steve /Dan have sent us the following diagrams, which I believe solve the
problem

(See attached file: schema size.doc)(See attached file:
xfduexpanded_nobytestreamex.jpg)(See attached file: xfdufullexpand.jpg)

Fig 11.1 in the current BB has the byte stream not expanded.

The above figures (in word and jpg format)  cover both cases
- expanded with nobyte stream
- full expanded

I have copied Tom as well, because I believe it is an editorial issue (if the
current quality is accepted). Personally I have printed the figures in a
normal network printer, and I can read them.

ciao
nestor

             Peter Shames
             <peter.shames at jpl.
             nasa.gov>                                                    To
                                        Nestor Peccia
             26/08/2008 18:44           <Nestor.Peccia at esa.int>
                                                                          cc
                                        Peter Shames
                                        <peter.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>, "J.
                                        Steven Hughes"
                                        <J.Steven.Hughes at jpl.nasa.gov>, Dan
                                        Crichton
                                        <Dan.Crichton at jpl.nasa.gov>, Adrian
                                        Hooke <Adrian.J.Hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>,
                                        Mike Kearney <Mike.Kearney at nasa.gov>
                                                                     Subject
                                        Re: PLEASE HELP: CESG Final Review
                                        of XFDU Structure  and Construction
                                        Rules

Nestor,

We provided feedback to the CCSDS Secretariat directly and did not
copy you.  Sorry for the oversight.  I thought that they would have
responded by now, but what follows is the essence of it.

Regards, Peter

On 26 Aug 2008, at 9:01 AM, J. Steven Hughes wrote:

> Hi Nestor,
>

>> Are you and Dan working on point 1 ?
>

> Yes, we forwarded our findings to Peter Shames.
>
> Steve Hughes
>

>> ciao
>> nestor

>> 1. I  will ask Dan Crichton and Steve Hughes conduct a quick
>> independent audit of the technical changes introduced since the
>> "final" Red Book review, to ascertain if they are substantial enough
>> to warrant a final fast-track Agency review.
>>
>> 2. The figures are a real problem. They are by and large illegible
>> and yet some of them are  stated to be normative. All of the
>> normative figures *must* be re-worked and resubmitted to Tom, and the
>> remainder must be clearly labeled as "informative" if they are not
>> re-worked to be clear and unambiguous.

Peter Shames
CCSDS System Engineering Area Director

Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-230
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-0028

Internet:  Peter.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov

We must recognize the strong and undeniable influence that our
language exerts on our ways of thinking and, in fact, delimits the
abstract space in which we can formulate - give form to - our thoughts.

       Niklaus Wirth