[Moims-ipr] Re: [Moims-nav] SANA charter

David Berry david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 20 12:02:51 EDT 2005

Nestor:

A couple of comments on the SANA Charter...

1.  I would recommend that the Working Group focus on "quick hits", i.e.,
those items that can show progress in relatively short term.  Some of the
activity categories seem as though they may require a longer term in which
to make progress (e.g., Category 4 activities... the "catch all").

2.  It is not clear to me what is the intent of Objective 5, i.e., it
currently states:  "Facilitate transition to a working organization under
CESG responsibility".  The phrase that is not clear is "working
organization".  Does this mean "Working Group"?  If so, that would seem to
be a goal of the precursor BOF, but not a Working Group.  Does "working
organization" mean an Operations environment of the CCSDS?  That may be
what is intended, given that the SANA appears to require 24x7 access to a
databases, registries, schemas, etc.

3.  The text in the Charter on Deliverable 3 appears to be cut off at the
end... it looks like the sort order of the deliverables was changed, but
not all of the text associated with Deliverable 3 was moved.  This is a
minor detail.

Regards,
David