[Moims-ipr] Re: [Moims-dai] Re: [CESG] Reaffirmation Resolution

John Garrett moims-ipr@mailman.ccsds.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:23:03 -0400

Hi,

I think all CCSDS re-affirmations should be for 5 years (meaning that you
are not required to re-affirm it again until another 5 years have passed).

At any time during that 5 years, the CMC can approve a new issue or can
convert the standard into a historical document.

If WGs wish to do so, they may attach a statement that they expect a
new/updated standard in X years.  However, this statement is informational
only.  Attaching the statement  will not create a requirement that the
standard be re-affirmed in X years.  The standard (absent any other CMC
action) will remain valid for 5 years.
I always thought that was the intention of what P2 has done.

Cheers,
-JOhn