[Moims-ipr] Re: [CESG] Reaffirmation Resolution

moims-ipr@mailman.ccsds.org moims-ipr@mailman.ccsds.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:55:29 +0100

Dear all,

I need Chairman feedback asap

Adrian is suggesting 1 year re-affirmation

Your views please

ciao
nestor
----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 14/10/2003 19:51 -----
|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          "Adrian J. Hooke"  |
|        |          <adrian.j.hooke@jpl|
|        |          .nasa.gov>         |
|        |          Sent by:           |
|        |          cesg-admin@mailman.|
|        |          ccsds.org          |
|        |                             |
|        |                             |
|        |          13/10/2003 16:29   |
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                           |
  |       To:     "CCSDS Engineering Steering Group - ADs"                    |
  |       <cesg@mailman.ccsds.org>                                            |
  |       cc:                                                                 |
  |       Subject:     Re: [CESG] Reaffirmation Resolution                    |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

At 07:43 AM 10/13/2003, Nestor.Peccia@esa.int wrote:
     We have discussed in MOIMS the issue of reaffirmation during a shorter
     time, but nobody could tell us if this is addressed in the Procedures.

Nestor: the current (Spring 2003) Procedures Manual can be accessed at:
http://www.ccsds.org/docu/dscgi/ds.py/View/Collection-371

The re-affirmation procedures are in Section 6.1.4, pages 6-4/5. The procedures
say that the CESG must reconfirm a document but they do *not* say that the
reconfirmation has to be for a 5-year period. In fact, a precedent for six-month
and one-year reaffirmations has been established in the past (several P2 books
and the AOS Blue Books had such re-affirmations).

In this case, as I noted on Friday, I would strongly urge that the MOIMS Area
should seek a re-affirmation period that only covers the time necessary to
thoroughly review the documents in light of current requirements and technology.
A one-year extension (maximum) would seem appropriate.

Best regards
Adrian