[Moims-dai] FW: [Moims-sc] FW: [CCSDS] MAL 521.0-B-3 (v0.8)

david at giaretta.org david at giaretta.org
Tue May 24 15:19:47 UTC 2022

From: Terry Longstreth <terry.longstreth at comcast.net>
Sent: 24 May 2022 16:17
To: MOIMS-Data Archive Ingestion <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>; 'david at giaretta.org' <david at giaretta.org>
Subject: Fwd: [Moims-sc] FW: [CCSDS] MAL 521.0-B-3 (v0.8)

Resending because no one in DAI received it. /s/Terry

The SM&C (System Management and Control) group has agreed to my forwarding their latest Mission Abstraction Layer BB draft to DAI.  I think it might help to clarify some of our confusion over  the term abstraction although I don't think their abstractions are necessarily equivalent to ours. They welcome review and comments from our group.

Terry

[Moims-sc] FW: [CCSDS] MAL 521.0-B-3 (v0.8)

Fri, 13 May 2022 18:25:17 +0000

Mehran Sarkarati via MOIMS-SC  <mailto:moims-sc at mailman.ccsds.org> <moims-sc at mailman.ccsds.org>

Mehran Sarkarati  <mailto:Mehran.Sarkarati at esa.int> <Mehran.Sarkarati at esa.int>

Mario Merri  <mailto:Mario.Merri at esa.int> <Mario.Merri at esa.int>

CC:

scott.reeves at nasa.gov <mailto:scott.reeves at nasa.gov>   <mailto:scott.reeves at nasa.gov> <scott.reeves at nasa.gov>, Peter Collins via MOIMS-SC  <mailto:moims-sc at mailman.ccsds.org> <moims-sc at mailman.ccsds.org>

Dear Mario,

In attachment to this note is the latest version of the MAL BB in clear and with track changes.

This version has undergone a WG internal review and includes all the changes agreed within our WG and in coordination with the MP&S WG in the context of the MO 2.0 refactoring of the MAL.

On behalf of the SM&C WG, I would like to request to you as our Area Director to initiate the process of the Agency Review.

As we discussed, a software bug in the CWE system has prevented the request for the approval of the MAL BB project to progress.

The CCSDS technical support is aware of the issue and is working on solving it.

As a result, our MAL BB project is still in draft status and has not yet been approved by the CMC.

I understand that we may need to wait until the project is formally approved before the book can be sent to the Agency review.

Kind Regards

Mehran

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain proprietary information and/or protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or dissemination is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies appropriate organisational measures to protect personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int <mailto:dpo at esa.int> ).