[Moims-dai] OAIS version ready for CCSDS Technical Editor - please check

Terry Longstreth terry.longstreth at comcast.net
Thu Sep 3 15:16:16 UTC 2020

Under document control, Notes section:

  * PAIS should be spelled out
  * Action on Annex B should be stated, by for example, replacing first
    sentence with:

    "ANNEX B from the previous issue */has been substantially rewritten.
    Previously, it /*described the relationship of OAIS to other
    standards; but its contents were /*increasingly*/ out of date as
    those other standards/*were*//*developed */along different
    directions and timelines as compared to OAIS development."

1.4 Conformance, last paragraph, is confusing.  It might help if we
explained the difference between normative (1.6.2, 2.3, 4.3) and
Mandatory (and do we expect to extend 16363 to accommodate all those) :

        To summarize, Sections 1.6.2, 2.3, 3.2 and 4.3 are normative and
        form the basis of conformance to this Recommended Practice. All
        other sections are informative, but could aid the user in
        designing archives that conform to this Recommended Practice.

/s/Terry Longstreth